Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"You make a living by what you get, you make a life by what you give"

~Sir Winston Churchill
As a photographer I try not to mix my business with my personal blog, however, this is not easily done as photography is my life! I think about it all the time, I dream about it (yes, I dream about photography, strange, I know). I absolutely LOVE what I do, which is so hard to find in life. Images capture the things in life that make us happy, that make us joyous and emotional, the things that make us feel connected. The gift of photography is felt on so many levels and used for every stage of life, to capture the important moments before they are gone and forgotten. How often do you pull out an old album, can you not help but smile to see the images from the past, each one reminding us of a different story? As a photographer I am so grateful to be able to share these moments in the lives of others. Pictures document a journey, unfortunately, life's journeys are not always perfect, there are bumps in the road, detours, and unexpected moments that are unplanned and are sometimes surrounded by sadness. These are the moments I want to talk about today, because these are the moments that are tugging at my heart. I am an affiliated photographer to a non-profit organization called "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" or NILMDTS. It is an organization that was founded by a photographer, Sandy Puc, and Cheryl Haggard, a mother enduring the loss of an infant. Please read more about the personal experience that drew me to this organization and watch a special clip of a family dealing with this very sensitive matter by clicking here. Thanks for taking the time to read my daily ramblings:)

2 comments:

Adri said...

I've heard of the organization and watched that story today. I was bawling. I think what you do must be so hard, but rewarding - I commend you for it.

Shannon said...

Sad! But what a neat thing they/you are doing.